Registration is free of charge for all participants.
All participants have to register no later than 15th May 2019 by filling the registration form in section REGISTRATION. The successful registration will be confirmed. The presenting authors have to be students (BSc., MSc. or Ph.D.) or recent graduates up to 12 months from their graduation date. Authors can present their papers as posters or oral presentation depending on their preference.
The conference committee will choose the best presentation in each conference section and winners will receive valuable prizes. The best poster of the conference will be also awarded.
Non-presenting participants have to register by filling the registration form in section REGISTRATION no later than 29th of May. Anyone who is interested in presented topics is encouraged to register and attend (i.e. it is open to anyone NOT limited to students). The successful registration will be confirmed.
- Author Registration Deadline: 15th May 2019
- Full Draft Papers Due: 30th May 2019
- Final Paper Due (after reviews): contact editor for more information
- Non-presenting Participant Registration: 29th May 2019
- The term of the conference: 30th – 31st May 2019
- Authors can decide if their presented work will be published and how:
- Acta Polytechnica CTU Proceedings – as an electronic version of the peer-reviewed proceedings with ISSN, ISBN, DOI and registered in the Web of Science (see Section PREVIOUS YEARS for examples).
- A printed version of the proceedings will be also published (see your library for examples).
- No publication.
- If an article does not meet the requirements of the Acta Polytechnica or is rejected by one of the reviewers it will be published in the printed version only. Articles that will be published by Acta Polytechnica will be automatically published also in the printed proceedings. Papers in Czech and Slovak language will be published in printed proceedings only.
- The paper can be written in English, Czech or Slovak language.
- The paper should follow the Acta Polytechnica Guidelines (see below).
- The draft papers shall be submitted before 30th May 2019 in .pdf or .doc format.
- The final paper including supplemental files (source files, separate figures and tables) must be submitted according to editor’s requirements.
- The length of a paper is limited to 3-12 pages.
- Papers in Latex template are preferred but Word versions are acceptable, contact editor for more details.
Acta Polytechnica Guidelines
Before submitting your paper
- You can download the LaTeX template, the Guide for Authors and the Manuscript example.
- The Guide contains manuscript requirements, e.g. specification of submission format, paper structure, figures and tables, and references. Figures should be submitted in quality (300 dpi) and size for print.
- Please check your text for correct scientific English and try to eliminate possible grammatical and/or spelling errors which might result in rejection of the paper.
- You can also check the papers from previous years for inspiration.
- All submitted articles are screened for plagiarism by SimilarityCheck, if the similarity of a paper is too high, the paper will be rejected.
- All papers are first assessed by the conference board; accepted papers are then reviewed by at least two independent reviewers in a single-blind review process.
- After acceptance of the final paper, the source files (graphs, images, TEX files etc.) should be submitted as supplementary files together with the final version of the paper with implemented changes according to reviews.
- Acta Polytechnica assigns Digital Object Identifier (DOI) to all published articles.
- Authors are obliged to include DOI identifier with cited references where available. DOIs can be found with the article full text, content, or article information at the journal (publication) or publisher website, or in the publisher on-line database.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in the proceedings.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Printed Proceedings Guidelines
- Papers that do not meet the requirements of the Acta Polytechnica will be published in the printed version only.
- The general guidelines for the printed version are the same as for the Acta Polytechnica. However, they won’t be strictly enforced (as in the case of Acta Polytechnica).
Authors can decide if their work will be presented in a form of a poster or an oral presentation. However, oral presentations are encouraged by the organizers.
Oral presentation guidelines
The duration of the presentation is 15 minutes with an extra 5 minutes for questions and answers. It is strongly recommended to bring the presentation in PowerPoint (ppt) or Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format. An overrun presentation will not be allowed. Chairpersons have a right to curtail presentation time in case of overrun. The presentation can be made in English, Czech or Slovak language.
- Bring your PPT file(s) on a USB memory stick. Please make sure that the file(s) is/are copied correctly onto the USB memory stick.
- Presenters must upload their presentation file(s) in advance.
- Standard presentation equipment will be available.
- The poster can be in English, Czech or Slovak language
- There will be no verbal presentations for the posters (exhibition only).
- A poster board will be reserved for each paper. The maximal size of a poster is 150x120cm.
- All posters will stay and be displayed all days long during the conference.
- At least one author should stand by at your poster board during the poster sessions for the discussion with the attendees.
- Poster should be prepared in English. The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- Posters left behind the demounting time will be discarded without notice.
- Materials for mounting will be prepared at the “Poster Help Desk”. However, it is encouraged to bring your own suppliers in case the provisions are not sufficiently available for all of the presenters.